Monday, December 5

· weekend goodness: a christmas festivity ·









My roommate and I kicked-off this holiday season with a little Pre-Christmas Christmas gathering. We had fun decorating, baking, cooking and lighting the many candles that adorn our cozy place to prepare for our friends to arrive. We wanted to make sure we had a good mix of sweet and savory foods, so we included the following items on our menu: bite-size grilled cheese and tomato soup, sweet & sour kielbasa kabobs, mini cheesecakes, camembert and pear slices...and the usual suspects like veggies & dip, mixed nuts and olives. Our featured beverages were two cocktail mixes: a traditional Pimm's Cup Cocktail and a sparkling mix of champagne, goldschläger and apple juice that we coined "Golden Fizz".

In such a busy time of the year, I'm thankful to be able to set some time aside to relax, laugh and fellowship with friends...it was truly a fun and memorable evening!

5 comments:

jennifer said...

Looks great, wish I could have made it!

Sarah said...

Karin, we had such a lovely time at your party! The food was fantastic & I loved seeing your apartment and meeting some of your friends. It was the perfect kick-off to the holiday season. :)

Brandi said...

Karin, it looks absolutely charming! I so wish I could have been there.

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, I NEED to try the Golden Fizz! That sounds amazing. I love the start of the holiday season!

Heather said...

My boyfriend and I did the same thing and hosted a holiday cocktail party. It was so much fun and a great way to kick off the season! Looks like you had some delicious bites!