Wednesday, February 29

· my affogato trick ·



So maybe not so much a trick, but a tip! On occasion I have been out at a restaurant or cafe when an affogato craving hits...and sadly there is no affogato to be found on the menu. But I have found that most places offer espresso and/or ice cream or gelato. So I have been known to order an espresso with a scoop of ice cream on the side. Voila! Instant affogato!

p.s. One of my favorite cafes in Charleston, SC offers french pressed coffee with a scoop of ice cream, which they call a cafe creme. Yum!

(I realize this may be an obvious solution to some, but I thought I'd share it anyways. This works well when you want just a little something sweet and nothing on the dessert menu catches your eye.)

4 comments:

rachel said...

yum!! I've only had this in a restaurant once but it was just heavenly.

jennifer said...

want one now!

Brandi said...

So delicious. There's a gelato place by me that does them with hot chocolate. It's overwhelming but awesome.

Kelly said...

Whoa - how had I never thought of that before? Good trick!